If Autism is detected at an early age, therapeutic intervention benefits the individual considerably since it is at a crucial stage to be able to develop their skills to the maximum and achieve with it the greatest possible independence.
Autism is difficult to diagnose before 18-24 months; nonetheless, there are warning signs that are taken into account to perform an early diagnosis.
The first alarming signs are:
• Spoke; nevertheless, among the 18-24 months stopped.
• Does not seem to listen when you talk to him by his name.
• Does repetitive movements
• Sensory alterations.
• Holds adult hand and leads him to what he wants without making eye contact.
• Does not imitate movements or facial expressions.
• Their games can be repetitive and there is lack of imagination.
• Does not present social smile.